Our Beloved Community,
Our hearts go out to you during this unprecedented time. We look forward to the day when we can reopen our doors to serve you. Until that day, here are three ideas to bring you peace daily.
1. Take a break. A break from the news, a break from the internet, a break from social media, a break from all of the external stimulus that can make your mind run rampant. Step outside, find a comfortable place to sit, and take a few deep breaths. Look around and notice:
- Four things you can see
- Three things you can feel
- Two things you can hear
- One thing you can smell
This grounding exercise allows you to get in touch with your senses.
2. Repeat a few affirmations. Pick a few that resonate with you. Take a deep breath and say them out loud 10 times each. Here are a few to get you started.
- I believe in myself, and I have confidence in my body.
- I am healthy and my body protects me.
- I exhale and release stress.
- I inhale love and positivity.
- While socially distant, I am emotionally close.
- I am above negative thoughts.
- I am thankful for all that I have.
- We will get through this together.
3. Keep a journal. During stressful times, we can bottle up our thoughts and emotions. However, it is crucial to get them out. Take some time daily to write down your thoughts in the form of stream of consciousness. It doesn’t have to look or sound pretty. It’s for your eyes only. Usually 2-3 paragraphs is a perfect amount to leave you feeling better. Let go of your worries on the page, so you don’t need to carry them around all day.
We hope you found this advice helpful. We are all in this together. You are never alone.
The Woodhouse Day Spa Plano